Accredited practising dietitian Emily Hartley shares one of her favourite recipes using fresh produce from Norwood Place.
400g spelt shells or farfelle pasta
1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 medium sweet potato, diced
¼ butternut pumpkin, diced and deseeded
3 tbsp tomato paste
3 tbsp ricotta
1.5 cup vegetable stock
Pinch ground nutmeg
3 cups baby spinach
Cracked black pepper and salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place the diced sweet potato and pumpkin on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 45 minutes or until golden. Once cooled, place half the vegetables into a high powered blender and mix until a puree consistency is achieved. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside but keep warm.
- While the pasta is cooking, bring a large frypan to medium heat and add the olive oil and minced garlic. Cook until fragrant. Whisk in the tomato paste, roast veggie puree and ricotta until smooth. Add the reserved roast vegetables, vegetable stock, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir until combined. Cook on low about five minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until it lightly wilts.
- Stir in pasta and toss to coat. Sprinkle with freshly shaved parmesan.
SHOP THE INGREDIENTS
Ingredients are available from the following food retailers at Norwood Place:
Metro Fresh Norwood